Thermal Clad® PA (Pre-applied) Substrates
Bergquist’s Thermal Clad PA substrates include pre-applied Bond-Ply® 450. This allows you to adhere your mounted LEDs to a variety of heatsinks and surfaces while thermally optimizing your application. This version of “peel and place” Thermal Clad can withstand the high temperatures of solder reflow during LED assembly and then be positioned in the lighting application using its strong thermally conductive adhesive.
• Circuit layer - 35μm to 350μm
• Dielectric layer - HPL, HT, MP
• Base plate copper or aluminum 0.020"-0.125" (0.51mm-3.18mm)
• Pre-applied exclusively on Bergquist Thermal Clad PCBs
• Withstands the heat of solder reflow
Bond-Ply is a thermally conductive, pressure sensitive adhesive tape, available in either fiberglass reinforced or unreinforced. With its ability to have a high bond strength, it can eliminate the need for screws, clipmounts or fasteners.
• Good thermal performance
• Immediately bonds to target surface
• Eliminates need for mechanical fasteners or screws
• Alternative to heat-cure adhesives
TIC® Thermal Interface Compound and Hi-Flow®
TIC is a high performing, thermally conductive grease designed for use as a thermal interface between an aluminum base and a heat sink or metal casing.The compound wets-out the thermal surfaces and flows to produce the lowest impedance for your LED application.
Hi-Flow is a thermally conductive phase change material that changes from a solid at specific temperatures and flows to assure wet-out of the interface without the overflow. Comparable to grease - without the mess.
• High thermal performance
• Good thermal conductivity
• Can be screened
• No post “cure” required
• Room temperature storage
• Exceptional value
Silicone or Silicone-Free Gap Pad® and Gap Filler
Gap Pad and Gap Filler are cost-effective, filled, thermally conductive interface materials.With shock dampening abilities, the Gap Pad line is recommended for applications that require a minimum amount of pressure between components. For sensitive applications that do not allow silicone, such as underwater pools and automotive lighting, they are available in a silicone-free form.
• Exceptional thermal conductivity
• Electrically isolating
• Highly conformable, low hardness
• Efficient gap filling material for minimizing component stress
• Silicone-free options available